You have probably already been in a few webinars before and If you haven’t, you will likely be attending a webinar, in the future. If you have become inspired by the webinar format and would like to hold webinars of your own, then you will need to know what the cost of webinar hosting will be.
The cost of webinar hosting services will depend on how many people attend your webinars. You can expect to pay between $50 per month for 100 attendees and up to $800 per month for an unlimited amount of attendees. Some webinar hosting providers also offer a free trial, so you can experiment and find a webinar service that’s right for you.
There is more to it than that though so keep reading on to find out everything you should know. We also have some webinar service provider comparisons to help you choose the service that fits you best.
Webinar Hosting Costs
The cost of webinar hosting is affected by several factors. As a general rule, the costs are determined based on how much bandwidth is being used and how many participants are in a webinar.
This means that a webinar that is live-streamed and contains 1,000 people will cost significantly more than a pre-recorded slideshow webinar for 100 people.
Some webinar hosting services charge per minute, while others charge per participant. You probably want to get an accurate understanding of how long your planned webinar will be, along with how many participants you are expecting to join the webinar.
If you’re looking to have a small webinar, then you will be able to snatch a webinar hosting deal for a flat rate of $100 per month. If your business begins to grow beyond the capacity provided by this level, you will tend to see the price climb up to $500+ per month.
Major companies, hosting tens, or even hundreds, or thousands of participants, will usually pay over $5000 for a single webinar!
If you are a beginner, I’m assuming you don’t fall into this several thousand participants category, so I won’t spend too much time on it. If you’re like most people, you will find it makes more sense to go with a pay-per-person-webinar hosting service.
This means you will be spending anywhere from $100 for a simple slideshow audio webinar to $5000 if you’re got an exceptionally large audience. Worth mentioning again that some webinar hosting services offer a free trial.
You can save some money by taking care of some webinar-related tasks by yourself. For example, if you feel comfortable doing all the marketing and promotion for your webinar, you may be spending around $500 on average for your webinar.
However, you don’t have to promote your webinar completely on your own, you can have a webinar hosting service to take care of everything, meaning a truly bespoke service experience where all you do is show up and give your presentation. You can plan to spend around $1,000-$5,000 for this level of service.
Pay-Per-Minute Webinar Hosting
Pay-Per-Minute Webinar Hosting may be right for some people but I’d like to give you a word of warning regarding paying per-minute.
While sometimes you may luck out and get a good deal by going with a per-minute webinar hosting cost plan, it could also backfire on you. If your audience ends up staying small, you’re going to pay very minimally for the webinar hosting. However, if your marketing was on-point, and you attracted a lot more participants than expected, you will be paying much more than you had anticipated!
Bare that in mind before considering the pay-per-minute webinar hosting cost option.
Webinar Hosting Services
There’s a vast number of web hosting services you can choose from. I’m going to share some of the best web hosting services with you, along with their pricing, so you can see some specific prices when it comes to webinar hosting costs.
Website – https://home.webinarjam.com/
Price – Starts At $499/year For 500 Participants
One of the most popular webinar hosting services is WebinarJam. Their level of flexibility and technical features are rarely matched. You can set up secure webinars that are password-protected. You can even stream your webinar to YouTube Live or WebinarJam’s own Livestream service.
You have the option of making polls, featuring a live chat, and having a virtual whiteboard. All webinars are automatically recorded so you can have a copy and share it with your participants later.
- The Basic subscription will get you unlimited webinars, with up to two presenters, 500-participant capacity, and two hours per webinar. The cost for this would be $499 per year.
- The Professional subscription also has unlimited webinars, but you get to have up to four presenters. Also, you can have a massive 2,000 participants in any given webinar, which can last for up to three hours. Additionally, you can have an “Always-On” live room, as well as a Panic button. This plan will set you back $699 per year.
- The Enterprise subscription gives you unlimited webinars, up to six presenters and 5,000 participants, and four hours per webinar. You also get the “Always-On” live room option, along with the Panic button and a Control Center. This plan will cost you $999 per year
Website – https://www.getresponse.com/
Price – Starts At Free Trial For 30 Days With Up To 1000 Participants.
GetResponse is often overlooked for webinars, with most people thinking they just offer email market services. They do however offer webinars too, along with other overlooked services included like landing page builders, sales funnels, and webinar funnels.
If you are looking for a more complete marketing tool, GetResponse may be for you, and with the 30-day free trial, you can test it all out before you sign up.
Remember that with GetResponse you are getting a lot more than just webinars, so factor that in if you are already paying for things like email services and landing page builders, you could end up saving a lot of money, which means a bigger budget to spend on your marketing campaigns.
- The Basic service starts at $15 per month but this plan does not include webinars.
- The Plus service costs $49 per month. This includes webinars for 100 attendees and 5 webinar funnels and 5 sales funnels.
- The Professional service is $99 per month which will give you webinars for 300 people with unlimited webinars and sales funnels.
You can also contact GetResponse to get a custom quote to meet your needs, which is a good sign that GetResponse is open to working with you. This means you may be able to negotiate as your webinar audience grows over time.
We have a full drill-down review of Getresponse that you can check out here if you want more info.
Website – https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar
Price – Starts At $49/month For 100 Participants
GoToWebinar is another webinar hosting service that makes hosting webinars a breeze. This is why it is a frequent choice among people who need to get a webinar going without a hitch.
You have the option of holding a single live webinar or a series of webinar sessions. There are special webinar invitations you can use to pair with automated emails reminding people about your upcoming webinar.
Once you’re in the webinar, you have fully-interactive features available to you, such as polls with live results. Recording and reusing webinars to gain more views is easily done.
- The Lite subscription lets you have up to 100 participants and one presenter for $49 per month.
- The Standard subscription lets you have up to 250 participants and one presenter for $99 per month.
- The Pro subscription lets you have up to 500 participants and one presenter for $199 per month.
- The Enterprise subscription lets you have up to 3,000 participants and one presenter for $399 per month.
Website – https://www.pgi.com/products/globalmeet/
Price – Free For Up To 125 Participants, Then $12/Month.
For a great deal on small webinars, GlobalMeet Webinar is an excellent option. This is known as a very good live-streaming webinar platform that was previously called ReadyTalk.
GlobalMeet lets you host webinars and invite participants using an easily-shared URL link. There are features like live chats, presentations, polls, screen-sharing, and other types of interactive options you can take advantage of when you host your webinars here.
GlobalMeet Basic and lets you hold unlimited webinars for up to 125 participants. You will get recordings of your webinars and even have local dial-in access.
- GlobalMeet Standard includes everything the Basic free plan does, plus whiteboarding, Call Me and dial-out options, and more. This plan costs $12 per month per presenter.
- GlobalMeet Premium has everything the Basic and Standard plans have, as well as dial-out options for 20 international markets and toll-free calling. This plan costs $24 per month per presenter.
- GlobalMeet Enterprise has everything all the previous plans have, except global dial-out instead of limited international markets. This means it’s possible to dial-out to anywhere in the world. Pricing is something you’ll have to contact GlobalMeet for, based on your specific needs.
Let’s go over the basics of webinars. Webinars are online versions of in-person seminars. They are used for everything from training sessions to coaching, announcements, and event marketing tools.
Webinars are a compelling, engaging, and easy way to share something with people no matter where they are in the world. They can also save you money, just imagine the cost of hiring an actual auditorium, for your event!
During webinars, attendees listen to an audio presentation that may or may not be accompanied by a slideshow. Webinars may also feature live-streamed video with someone speaking to the audience. It’s also possible to see interactive features, such as screen-sharing, live chat, polls, and more.
What Else Do You Need To Host A Webinar?
To host a webinar you will need the following things.
- Webinar Service Provider
- Laptop or Desktop Computer
You can, of course, use the built-in webcam and microphone in your laptop and this may be fine if you are just starting with your first small webinar. You may want to invest in a quality webcam and microphone, however, if you are looking for more quality and a professional appearance. This is important if you are marketing something to potential customers.
The average webinar hosting cost is generally affordable for most people and businesses. If you want to take advantage of the incredibly useful marketing abilities a webinar has to offer, you now know how much it will cost for you.
Using any of the webinar hosting services I mentioned earlier will help you successfully plan, develop, and host successful webinars that will help you gain more leads and sales.
Hope you found this article useful, check out the Blue Sky Funnel Resources page for other recommended tools and services.